Pages

Our Dogs

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm on a space kick!



It's my son's fault! I am getting ready to have a garage sale, and I asked my sons to go through all their old "stuff" that was stashed in the family room closet. My youngest son was quite into "aliens" and outer space at one time, and decided to part with a great bunch of little space-themed figures. They won't make it into the sale! ;) They had "pendants" written all over them (albeit in some planetary language only my son and I can understand). Anyway, this is my first, because he is SO CUTE! I named him Rocky Planet, and he is the biggest alien superstar/rock star ever! I had these fantastic vintage beads that I call glitter-beads, for lack of a better or known name. They are like sugar-beads, but have a smooth surface with tiny flecks of metallic gold. The swirled finish looked very planet-like to me, and I matched the colors of the beads to Rocky, his guitar, and his beautiful big green eyes. There are some vintage faceted purple lucite beads, and just for fun, some new plastic blue star beads, since Rocky is a star from beyond the stars! I've got more necklaces done, but have to wrangle with my biggest jewelry-marketing dilemma - pictures (shudder, shudder; excuse the pun)! Once I get some decent pics, more outer space jewelry will appear in my store: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5149442

1 comment:

FrumsGlass said...

This Rocky Alien necklace is "out of this world." Very nice. Lots of fun.