Pages

Our Dogs

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Tribute

Memorial Day is a time to remember loved ones we have lost. I believe that includes the family members that have unselfishly brought us joy, comfort, and beautiful memories; our beloved pets. The beagles team has shared the sorrow felt by team members whose pet has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. We have come to know each other's dogs and cats, and love each one as our own. This team deserves a huge Paws Up for the support we give each other when one of us is faced with this sad time. The beagles team is truly a group of wonderful people and amazing animals; all with different personalities, yet cohesive as a group. The law of the pack is well-grounded in this team, and I feel blessed to have "met" each and every one of my wonderful teammmates and their pets!
I apologize if I left anyone off this list, which contains the name of the team member, and their pet with the date they crossed the Rainbow Bridge. It was quite a tearful experience re-reading the thread posts that made us all sad. I tried to look through all the previous Beagles team forum threads (on Etsy) for the past 12 months to honor the animals who filled our lives while here, and filled our hearts and minds forever. Fond and Lasting Memories of:

howlinhounds' beloved basset Mabel 4/08
debrlee's beloved beagles Oscar and Paddy 11/08
shipshegirl's beloved beagle Scooter Magoo 11/08
kookyhandbags' beloved cat Eddie 12/08
creativecomforts07's beloved beagle Sid 3/09
mygreydog's beloved beagle Maggie 4/09
windyothd's beloved beagle Chester 5/09

This poem was printed in a flyer I receive from my local Animal Welfare League, my charity of choice. I think it is a fitting tribute to the love our animals give us, even when they know it is time to say good-bye.

MAY I GO

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
I've lived my life and done my best; my quality of life is not to be.
So, can I take that step beyond and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first.
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now.
I've no strenght left to fight.

I want to go. I really do.It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can to live just one more day,
to give you time to care for me and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and are afraid, because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.
Thank you so much for loving me; you know I love you too.
That's why it's hard to say good-bye and end this life with you.

So hold me now, just one more time
And let me hear you say,
Because you care so much for me,
You'll let me go today.

author Unknown

3 comments:

Duffydesigns said...

That was a lovely tribute! My first beagle died a long time ago but we still remember "Bugs". Thank you.

Unknown said...

Aww thanks so much for remembering Eddie my great grey cat! I miss him every day!

Kristy T said...

Thank you so much! I love the tribute & the poem. It was sad to read but it is so true.
We are blessed toi have are 4 legged kids in our lives & they are really never far from us when they cross over the rainbow bridge.